Business in the Community’s CommunityMark is the UK’s only national standard that recognises excellence in community investment.Read our 2011 Community Mark Report
HEINEKEN in the UK is the first alcohol company to achieve the CommunityMark.
To achieve the Community Mark, companies must demonstrate excellence in five key principles of community investment:
- Identify the social issues that are most relevant to the business and most pressing to the communities you work with.
- Work in partnership with your communities leveraging the combined expertise for mutual benefit.
- Plan and manage community investment using the most appropriate resources to deliver against targets.
- Inspire and engage employees, customers and suppliers to support community programmes.
- Measure and evaluate the difference investment has made in the community and your business. Strive for continual improvement.